Equation of Qualifications
Procedure for application for equation of qualification.
The Kenya National Qualifications Authority (KNQA) undertakes equation of qualifications awarded by Foreign Universities and Qualifications awarding bodies in accordance with Section10 (1) of KNQF Regulations 2018.
General Requirements for Equation of Qualifications;
- The qualification must be accredited by a relevant body;
- The qualification must have been obtained from an accredited training institution or qualification awarding body;
- The holder of the qualification must have met the Minimum Entry Requirements for an Academic Programmed leading to an equivalent qualification in Kenya;
- The holder must provide all originals and certified copies of certificates of all qualifications prior learning;
- Application must be done on form KNQA/L/004 for equation;
- All copies of Certificates and Academic Transcripts presented as proof of attainment of entry requirements for a particular qualification must be certified by an Advocate and Commissioner for Oaths (for Kenyan Citizens), an Advocate and Notary Public (for foreigners) or the issuing Institution;
- The qualifications must be externally assessed by an accredited body;
- Applications for equation at level 2 will required to have covered subject(s) that re mandatory for one to satisfy the awarding regulations e.g. For KCSE a holder is required to have covered 7 subjects which include mathematics, a language 2 sciences and a humanity;
- The equation certificate can be mailed through courier services upon request by the applicants. The applicants will be required to provide accurate physical address and a mailing fee as shown in the table below.
- Payment of prerequisite fee of Ksh 5,000 for Kenya national and Ksh 10,000 for foreign national;
- The holder of the Diploma Award must have obtained the following minimum number of instructional hours as stipulated in section 18 (5) of the KNQF regulation 2018.
Click here to access the application form for equation of Qualification
Click here to access the checklist form for equation of Qualification
Click here to access the guideline form for equation of Qualification
KNQA Bank Account
A/C Name: Kenya National Qualifications Authority
A/C No.: 1208626825
Bank: Kenya Commercial Bank