KNQA plays an important role in registration of Qualification Awarding Institutions (QAI’s), Implementation of Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL), Recognition, Equation and Verification (REV) of Qualifications, maintenance of Standards and Quality Assurance (SAQA), as well as maintenance of the Kenya National Leaners Records Database (KNLRD). The QAI are in three (3) levels; those that offer qualifications at university, TVET and basic education levels.
To aid in this role, KNQA has organized a series of capacity building workshops to aid in providing information to Qualification Awarding Institutions (QAI’s). The QAIs are the main consumers of KNQA services and in line with this; it is of utmost importance that personnel from all the QAIs are trained on how to use leverage of KNQA services.
Participants of the workshop will be drawn from the following:
- Chair of the Council, KNQA;
- Director General/ CEO, KNQA;
- KNQA Heads of Technical Departments;
- Registrars, Quality Assurance Officers and Heads of ICT from the QAIs (Polytechnics);
- Kisumu Polytechnic
- Eldoret Polytechnic
- Kabete National Polytechnic
- Meru National Polytechnic
- Mombasa National Polytechnic (Kenya Coast National Polytechnic)
- Nyeri National Polytechnic
- Kisii National Polytechnic (Gusii Institute of Technology)
- Sigalagala National Polytechnic
- North Eastern Province National Polytechnic
- Kitale National Polytechnic
- Nyandarua National Polytechnic
- Kenya Technical Trainers College (KTTC).
PURPOSE OF THE WORKSHOP
The workshop seeks to train personnel from the QAIs (Polytechnics) on KNQA services and how these services can help in the management of qualifications in Kenya.
OBJECTIVES OF THE WORKSHOP
The objectives of the workshop will be to: –
- Create awareness on KNQA Services;
- Register QAIs as users in the various systems provided by KNQA;
- Impact skills on the use of KNQA systems in line with the operations of the QAI’s.
By the end of training workshop, it is expected that;
- The QAIs personnel are sensitized on the KNQA Services;
- QAIs personnel are able to interact with KNQA systems to access various services;
- A workshop report will be produced which includes the records of attendance.