Your Content Goes Here
Procedure for application of Credit Transfer by a learner
The following documents must be submitted to KNQA
- A duly filled application form KNQA/L/015;
- Original and certified copy of qualification Certificates;
- Original and certified copies of Academic Transcripts to support the Certificates;
- Curriculum and/or syllabus of the program;
- Original and certified copies of National Identity Card (ID) and/or a valid passport for Kenyan citizen;
- Original and certified copies of a valid passport, work permit/visa and letter of provisional admission/intent to study in Kenyan institutions of learning for foreigners intending to pursue further studies in Kenyan institutions;
- Payment of non refundable application fee of Kshs.5,000 (See service fees charged by KNQA)
Certificates and certified Academic transcripts submitted by Kenyan Citizens must be certified by:
- An Advocate and Commissioner of oaths; OR
- The respective issuing Institution.
Certificates submitted by foreign student must be certified by:
- An Advocate and Notary Public; OR
- The respective issuing institution.
Where certificates and transcripts are in a foreign language, copies translated in English by a certified language translator bearing the official stamp of the foreign Institution or the local Embassy/Mission of the home country of the institution issuing the qualification and Academic Transcripts must be submitted.
Submission of applications and collection of Letters of credits transfer shall be done during the following KNQA official working hours:-
- Morning: 8.00 am – 1.00 pm
- Afternoon: 2.00 pm – 5.00 pm
Letters of credits transfer will normally be collected within one week following submission of all necessary documents and payment of requisite fees and money deposited for the purpose of recognizing a qualification are only valid if submitted to KNQA within twelve (12) calendar months;
Please note that the KNQA rules and regulations governing credits transfer are subject to change without notice.
Click here to download the application form for Credit Transfer by a learner
Click here to download the guidelines for Credit accumulation and Transfer
Click here to download the application form for an Institution to participate in CATs
KNQA Bank Account
A/C Name: Kenya National Qualifications Authority
A/C No.: 1208626825
Bank: Kenya Commercial Bank
Your Content Goes Here