Event Link: Join Microsoft Teams Meeting
The National Skills Development Policy has been developed to provide a national framework for harmonizing, planning, coordinating, developing, managing and utilizing of skills in Kenya.
The zero draft of the National Skills Development Policy was developed by the State Department for Post Training and Skills Development (PTSD) in collaboration with the State Department for Labour. The technical committee that developed this draft comprised of members drawn from the State Department for Post Training and Skills Development, State Department for Labour, National Industrial Training Authority (NITA), National Employment Authority (NEA), Central Organization of Trade Unions (COTU), Federation of Kenya Employers (FKE) and International Labour Organization (ILO). The Kenya National Qualifications Authority (KNQA) was contracted to provide consultancy services towards finalizing the draft National Skills Development Policy.
The draft National Skills Development Policy has been finalized and requires to be subjected to a stakeholder validation process. It is in this context, that the virtual stakeholder validation workshop has been convened.
Purpose of the Validation Workshop
The purpose of the Virtual Validation Workshop is to:
- 1. To sensitize the stakeholders on the National Skills Development policy;
- 2. Receive stakeholder’s inputs and submissions for incorporation in the policy;
- 3. Validate the draft National Skills Development Policy;
- 4. Develop a road map for the implementation of the Policy in Kenya;
The Expected Audience
Administrators, Policy makers and implementers from the education and training sector in Kenya including:
- 1. Government MDAs;
- 2. County Governments through COG;
- 3. Qualifications Awarding institutions(QAIs);
- 4. Regulators; CUE, TVETA, NITA, ESQAC among others;
- 5. Assessment and Certification Bodies;
- 6. Professional Bodies;
- 7.Registered Training Providers (RTPs);
- 8. UNICEF;
- 9. ILO;
- 10. Industry.
The purpose of this letter is to invite you to participate in the Virtual validation workshop to be held on 30th June 2020 starting 10.00 a.m. to 11.30 a.m. You can participate by clicking on the link below to register:
- 1. PS Alfred K Cheruiyot, CBS
- 2. Eng. Peter K. Tum, OGW
- 3. Dr. Julius Jwan, MBS
- 4. Dr. Juma Mukhwana
- 5. Mr. Aggrey Ndombi
- 6. Dr. Wanjiru Kariuki
- 7. Mr. Stanley Maindi